Skillfully Handling All Aspects Of Litigation
For many corporations, litigation is an inevitability – and community associations are no exception. As a result, and in order to better serve our association clients, Rabin Parker Gurley has established a dedicated litigation practice group comprised of attorneys and paralegals who are experienced in all aspects of litigation – including pre-trial, trial, and appellate proceedings.
Experienced Litigation Attorneys
Our firm’s seasoned and aggressive litigators are well-equipped to handle a variety of disputes, including:
- Enforcement litigation
- Developer turnover litigation
- Construction defect litigation
- Property damage claims
- Insurance disputes, including bad faith claims
- Breach of contract disputes
- Arbitration disputes
- Negligence & breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Discrimination claims
- The firm successfully obtained a six-figure judgment against a roofing contractor on behalf of our condominium association client (subsequent appeal before the Second District Court dismissed).
- The firm secured a successful trial verdict on behalf of a homeowners’ association client in an action filed to secure a homeowner’s compliance with the association’s governing documents. Trial court also awarded prevailing party attorneys’ fees to the association (affirmed on appeal).
- The firm successfully secured an order for the removal of an owner from his unit due to the owner’s ongoing harassment and nuisance violations.
- The firm successfully secured a temporary injunction against owners requiring them to cease and desist from engaging in short-term (AirBnB) leasing practices.
- The firm successfully obtained a favorable award for recovery of attorneys’ fees on behalf of our association client in a foreclosure dispute where the delinquent owners paid the past-due balance only after the Association was forced to commence litigation to foreclose on the owners’ property (affirmed on appeal).
- The firm successfully obtained a five-figure settlement against a contractor for property damage on behalf of a condominium association client.
- The firm successfully obtained a favorable insurance coverage determination after filing a civil remedy notice on behalf of a homeowners’ association client. The firm also recovered the association’s attorneys’ fees and costs from the carrier.
- The firm successfully secured a temporary injunction to prevent owners from engaging in short-term leasing practices in violation of the community’s governing documents.
Schedule an Appointment with The Firm
We are pleased to meet with your Board of Directors at any of our three Tampa area locations, or on-site at your property to discuss how we can assist you. Please call the firm’s Clearwater office at 727-475-5535, or contact our office by clicking this link to schedule an appointment.